Wednesday, March 21, 2007

...it's been a while...

...and I have plenty of stuff to write about life in Japan...but I've just found this meme from Chicken Yoghurt, asking what you were doing on the 20th of March 2003, when the current Iraq War started.

Hayley, Chris & I had just arrived in Barcelona for a short holiday. No sooner had we dropped our bags off at the hostel, than we found a colossal group of protesters, converging in a square to march. Even after we had got off the plane, we had seen banners denouncing the war hanging from apartment windows. We joined the march for a while. I remember feeling relieved and elated that people in another country were as opposed to it as I.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, March 24, 2007, Blogger Kelly couldn`t help but say...

I was in hospital when the war broke. When the nurses found out I was studying Defense Studies at university they brought a telly into my room so I could watch it all unfold on CNN and would bring me the papers as soon as they arrived on the ward. They would come see me on their breaks and ask questions and my opinions on what was happening which was a fabulous way to take my mind off how revolting I felt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home