Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Oh, the faffery

Whumph! landed in Japan on friday, & what a week it`s been. I`ve found out that I`m now going to be living in Kawasaki City, which suits me just fine, as I know as much about Kawasaki as I do about Soka...it`s shafted a few of the other blokes who were supposed to be going to Soka as they`ve made arrangements with partners & the like.

I`m not sure how I feel about the company I`m working for. Maybe I`m just tired (I`m certainly feeling testy), but the last hour of "training" was taken up by us being filmed running through these tests (which we are to refer to as assessments) to chart the progress of the students. All well & good, but we weren`t told about this at all. This was really for the benefit of the company, rather than the teachers. One of the Presidents made an appearance, presumably to deliver the eloquent sales pitch he gave after the end of the demonstration in response to a question from one of the teachers. Gah, I need a day off.

  I`m going to Yokohama tomorrow with...someone, to investigate my flat (woo-hoo!), sort out my finances in terms of ¥and maybe sign a contract or something. Don`t really care at the moment. For now I`m done with all things work related for the day...except for the lesson I`ve got to plan tonight...what the hell am I doing in this Internet cafe?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous couldn`t help but say...

Good!

Think, though, maybe it could turn out to be a sort of Krypton Factor thing, where you performa series of mental and physical tests.

Quick! Test your liver's ability to process sake!

Feel better? Hurrah!

 
At Sunday, April 03, 2005, Blogger BY couldn`t help but say...

Don't worry mate; work training is always shite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home