Monday, March 21, 2005

Still in Bristol...

...but not for much longer. I seem to be leaving with something of a bang. The shockwaves of saturdays bang (well, more of a bash really) are still resonating. Thankfully I'm in St Pauls Library this afternoon (right now in fact) & everything's quiet.

I've been directed to the website for Soka University, courtesy of the lovely Hayley, with a great picture that's too big to fit on this entry without shafting my precious profile & links layout. It says it's based in Hachioji, a suburb of Tokyo, so I'm not sure how close to Soka it actually is...lush picture though.

My illustrious employers have sent me a CD full of useful stuff to know about the company & dealing with kids, do's & don'ts (musn't touch the children). Don't know when I'm going to get the chance to read it all, apart from the fifteen & a half hour flight I've got to take.

It makes the experience seem a bit more daunting than it was yesterday (and it was pretty scary then). I suddenly have a position of pseudo-responsibility in a culture where punctuality (!) and professionalism are taken much more seriously than I've done in the past...I won't be able to rock up five minutes late, still reeking of the night before. Maybe that's a good thing. They recommend being about ten minutes early for work. I don't think I've ever done that...

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous couldn`t help but say...

How are they with people who, despite their hangover whistle in the morning in a maddeningly cheery manner? Bastards. I hate them, myself.

 
At Tuesday, March 22, 2005, Blogger Shining Love Pig couldn`t help but say...

My boss might insist I committ seppuku. I'll just grin amiably & whistle a jolly tune if he does. That oughta do the trick.

 
At Thursday, March 24, 2005, Blogger BY couldn`t help but say...

Just watched the first episode of the new Dr Who and it's manequintastic!

Excellent stuff - it doesn't fail to not disappoint.

And just think. You're gonna miss the entire series!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

That'll serve you right for attempting to improve the quality of your life by persuing a foreign adventure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home